Monday, October 4, 2010

TRAVEL CONTACTS








Eunice and I wanted to make some contacts with folks running the tourism offices around the country. Well, there was this Travel Media Showcase being held in Irvine, California which was a sort of 15-minute speed dating thing. It was a long trip from New York so we brought our head and neck pillow.

We arrived in Irvine and first stayed at the Atrium Hotel where we had lunch and met both the Executive Chef Chris Reischl and the pastry chef/sous chef Tyler Kotta. Eunice and I each had a salad. I had the Asian salad and Eunice lunched on the spinach salad.

The hotel had these cool cabanas near the pool where we met some of the writers that were also attending. I couldn't believe that Judy Bayliff was there! I met her and her husband Wayne when I went to Niagara County. That was before I found Eunice. I gave Judy a kiss and she fed me some of her food. Then we both took a photo with the waitress.

Up early the next day and having their Japanese breakfast instead of the buffet. Ron Nugent, the General Manager was happy to see us.

1 comment: